Friday, February 15, 2013

Alien "Love" lands on planet "Self.'"

After millions of years of traveling alone in the vast darkness of immaturity comes a wisdom light years ahead of its time. A ship of alien thought, aptly named "Love" finally makes contact with its home planet "Self." When this foreign concept is finally docked at base, it's doors are slowly opened and is immediately confronted by guns of Doubt and Loathing keenly trained and ready to fire. "Love" boldly steps forward to reclaim the territory it was designed to rule. Beckoning the inhabitants of "Self" to recognize their destiny and to embrace the "Love" that "Self" had been missing, "Love" recalled to mind the lineage of courage and tenacity that had been long buried in the last "Self" war. The inhabitants slowly lowered their guns and dropped to their knees in overwhelmed gratitude for this Leader who had waited so long to be reunited. Great cries of victory rang out as all of "Self" celebrated their emancipation from Doubt and Loathing.
O.K., O.K...so it wasn't that dramatic, but honestly, yesterdays celebration of roses, chocolate and over priced stuff animals got me thinking inevitably about..well, love. Not the mushy, feel good feeling the world defines love as, but the nitty gritty truth that love is a verb.
It was during one of my famous moments of asking my beloved Husband if my back rolls looked "smooth" that he surprised me. Normally that question would illicit his cute answer of how my bakery was about to close for business, but this time was different. This time he informed me that I was glowing. The glow generated from my seemingly lost, but newly found, self-love.
I looked in the mirror. He was right.
See, the Villain Obesity always brings an arsenal, and one of its most powerful weapons is a Net of Deception. I have a habit of being caught in this net which always grabs my ankle, hanging me upside down, allowing my blood and it's lies to run to my head and distort my thinking.
 I hang this way for a while. My vision blurring in and out as I struggle to reach for my weapon of 'Truth" and cut myself free. I will still suffer at times lingering side effects, and sometimes even require a longer period of time to reprogram my mind. One of the lies that was diffused yesterday was that... I was only allowed to love myself WHEN I reached my goal.
I could not dress nice, could not feel beautiful, and definitely could not look in the mirror without seeing Obesity. There was not allowed to be an ounce of self-love till I had the perfect Cat woman figure.
This was a lie. A left over, deeply embedded, disgustingly wretched lie.
I heard a loud, angry wailing come from the mirror as Obesity grew noticeably weaker.
This powerful revelation armoured me with the knowledge that I show my self  love by continuing to fight.
 In every healthy food choice. With every endeavour to walk, to move. to be more. my beauty shines.
 I am amazing and courageous, and I was created to look and feel the best that I can every moment of this often comical, but mostly, exhausting journey.
Veronica A. Shoffstall said,"Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers."
I beamed a smile again at my Husband.
Honey, I guess this year, your off the hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment